Natacha’s Project Idea

I  am interested in   providing  French Language lovers of all levels  in general and my students in particular  a consistent and well sustained Language and literature Website and app in which  they could find  appropriate material to broaden their  horizon. More specifically, my aim is to bring my undergraduate students from various disciplines- that still  take French language core courses just as  university requirements- close to other aspects of French /francophone culture and civilization that are not listed  in the course outline imposed by the curriculum to non-tenure track faculties like me.

The postulate which underpins the  idea of creating  other  website and app to the numerous existing  ones   lays on the discovery that too many of them are a little bit just a repetition of  the topics covered in the curriculum . I want something that would take into consideration the website’s visitor or app’s purchaser need of evasion from standardized topic and issues so frequent in  various language websites.

However, I am still in the domain of ideas and I have never built an independent  website or app – I don’t consider the site I created last Fall in Cuny Academic Commons as  neither an independent nor a well-constructed site: https://bpawa.commons.gc.cuny.edu/.  Thus, I  need to acquire  in this course technical skills to built both a challenging  French  language website and  an  app.