ITP Core 2, Spring 2018: Collaborative Assignment Design Assignment
You will collaboratively craft, with at least one student from another discipline, the scaffold for a final project in an undergraduate course that engages with one or more of the core ideas explored to this point in your ITP experience. (Your work on this assignment can link to your own final project for our class, or your own field, or a class you actually teach, but none of that is required).
We’ll discuss the details for this assignment in class on March 5th, and the assignment plan is due on March 24th, when you and your partner will post to the course blog the scaffold of a final project with at least three discrete, connected tasks, intended for an undergraduate course. All groups will read all assignments, and we will discuss in the first hour of class on March 26th.
The post should have the following elements:
- A brief statement of the context of the course (discipline, level, institution type, instructional mode, is it real or imagined)
- A statement about the place of the assignment within the larger learning goals of the course; why is it the final?
- A draft of the assignment, addressed to your students
- A statement of the technologies used in the assignment, and why
- The criteria you’d use to evaluate the assignment