Natacha Pawa Bio

Hi , I am  Natacha Pawa  a  second -year French PhD student at the Graduate Center , B.A in English/ French  Literatures with a minor in linguistics from University of Buea (Cameroon) , a Master in French literature and a D.E.A in French Literature both from University of Yaoundé I .

I am currently – starting  from Fall 2017-  an Adjunct Lecturer  of  French at Hunter College and a Graduate Teaching Follow at Brooklyn College – from last Fall.  I previously taught French core courses  respectively at St John’s University and Queens borough Community College. In my teaching I am   dedicated to bring to my  students of varied academic disciplines a new approach of university core foreign language courses, which are most often viewed by them as  a lost of time.

My academic interest are  broad and varied, My master thesis was on  The Images of Africa in The Color Purple of Alice Walker and La Rose de sable of Montherlant,  and my D.E.A used  Freudian  psychoanalytic approaches  to examine the psychoses(agoraphobia, schizophrenia, madness, etc.)  in  The Bluest Eye of  Toni Morrison, Le Baiser au lépreux of Francois Mauriac and Kamouraska of Anne Hébert.  For my  forthcoming  PhD dissertation, I went through a specialization PhD course in the  Clinical Psychology Department at City College.  Indeed, I  intend to continue working with the psychoanalytical approaches (Freudian and contemporary american schools)  on the issues of memory, trauma, self and identity in selected works of some twentieth and twenty-first century  French and francophone authors (I prefer to keep them secret for now!)

My  Great Hobby is singing , I am an active member of   Souls in Harmony (don’t google it; it’s one of my parish choir and its fame is still in process!).